View Single Post
Unread 13-08-2007, 10:13   #5
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

I can remember numerous incidents where the passenger who collapsed would be carried out to the platform, placed on a seat and once happy she (almost always a female passenger) was conscious and happy to be left behind everyone reboarded a wave from a passenger reboarding and the driver set off. We lost three passengers one morning in this manner

Once the passenger is off the train, and in the care of a member of staff other than the driver or a doctor and it is clear there is no need to call gardai the train can go.

I can recall one incident where a passenger collapsed in Blackrock in the evening, hot evening but train had few standing driver got out checked she was ok, jumped over the track to the station returned with a bottle of water handed it to the passenger and once he was happy off we went, total delay 5 minutes.

It seems there needs to be a lot better coordination on the ground, equally as I have said many times before if you are feeling unwell you should avoid travelling in crush load conditions
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote