View Single Post
Unread 13-08-2007, 09:11   #2
zag
Regular Poster

Default I was wondering that too

I was stuck on a DART a few stations behind the delayed train. In fairness there were plenty of announcements both from the driver and the station PA, but after 10-15 minutes of hearing the same announcement over and over I was wondering the same - how could it take so long to get an ambulance ? I know part of the delay was having the patient seen to by the ambulance crew, but still . . .

It brought home (again) the lack of an available plan B when a train fails or otherwise becomes unmovable along that corridor. Is there no way that the backed-up trains could have gone on the other track, passed Sandymount and then crossed back to the correct side for Landsdowne ? It's not as if the southbound track is terribly busy at that time of morning - there are significant gaps between.

By the way, I had cycled to the station and could in theory have got back on my bike and cycled to work - is there any provision for a refund in this situation ? I know it's outside IEs control when a patient becomes ill, but it would help a lot if having heard the delay announcement 30s after buying my ticket I could have handed the ticket back and made alternative arrangements. It could be possible to wait 30 minutes (or whatever) until the threshold for applying for a mail-in refund becomes an option and then waited months to get the refund back from IE, but it is a whole lot smoother to be able to hand the ticket back at the station when they know there is a service disruption happening.

z
zag is offline   Reply With Quote