Thread: Train late
View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2008, 22:17   #20
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
This entire thing is a joke. I have spoken before of stopping Rosslare Trains in Pearse,
Think about it, in any decent system the Rosslare trains would be segregated all the wway into the city,
If you have a proper singaling system,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
It's fairly obvious that the busy DART line is having a huge impact on Gorey/Rosslare services but that is asking alot to impact on that line, what is clear is that in order to get a fast direct Rosslare train you need a clear run on the Southside DART section of about 15-20 minutes gap departing connolly.
For a non-stop train to be only 3 minutes faster than a train!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
The Rosslare line was never designed with speed in mind, As I have stated numerous times the cost to sort out the Rosslare line is in the order of several hundred million and the return is even worse than the WRC
If IE had a proper system in place then they would have any of Rosslare trains changing tracks nunberous times to achieve faster jorney times from Connolly to Bray. I know it would impact on Dart's but with precise location and changing the points back correctly then I dont see that as impossible. If there was any such in place then a train from Connolly for Rosslare at 13:10 the previous train(Dart) was at 13:05 and before that 12:55 the Rosslare would travel the wrong track and change back in at Pearse this creating a by-pass of the Dart train and not having passengers at Connolly waiting for 20mins therefore waiting for max 7mins for the next Dart to Bray.... The Dart train would be at Tara Street and the Rosslare train would pass it out change back into the correct track there would be another dart at Pearse waiting for the green - Is this so hard!! etc down to Bray.. Creating 25mins for the journey.

Mark G, Of course you mentioned it a number of times on different threads but the potential is already there. I know you said by private messaging me that you cant do best times between stations but if you dont do this the line wont learn so to speak.

Last edited by KSW : 08-02-2008 at 22:20.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote