View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2007, 13:14   #15
Unshelved
New to the board

I was on the 07.39 from Skerries this morning (07.18 from Drogheda) and the overcrowding was terrible. Again we were down some carriages and the journey was an exact repeat of the original poster's experience yesterday. Train delayed, passengers for later train trying to get on, problems with the doors and - naturally - not one announcement from the stations or the driver. Luckily it's outside term time and the schoolkids who normally get on at Donabate were not there - otherwise I dread to think of the carnage that would result.

I seem to remember this happening at Easter in other years. Do they take carriages from suburban trains and use them for inter-city trains on bank holiday weekends in anticipation of increased numbers travelling?

It'll take someone being smothered or dying of a heart attack before anything is done about the overcrowding on this line. It's not IR's fault that unrestricted development has been allowed all along the Dublin-Dundalk corridor - but in 22 years of commuting things have deteriorated to the extent that travelling is just becoming a misery.
Unshelved is offline   Reply With Quote