View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2007, 20:33   #12
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default 07.18 ex Drogheda

I was on that service yesterday, and yes, the overcrowding was as bad as anything I encountered in recent years. Despite it being the Easter holidays, the loadings at all stations were very heavy. It left some passengers behind at Rush and Lusk, and more at Donabate, Malahide and Howth Junction.
There were no announcements at any of the stations (I was stuck right beside the door), or on the station. People just kept cramming on.
I rang the Northern Line office to ask why there was no information:
1> The gentleman has no information on the reduction in carriages.
2> He blamed the carriage shortage on the disruption up the North over the weekend????
3> He said station staff should have been aware of this reduction, and should have made announcements. I questioned him on this, as I thought they would not know till the train pulled in. I also suggested CTC should have made announcements. He said no, it should be the station staff.
4> He said he'd note my complaint.

I was not taking the risk again today, so I got 07.16 ex Dundalk. However, this stopped north of Portmarnock, and crawled all the way to Connolly, picking up 10-15 min delay. No announcements either on the train, or at any of the stations.

At least I missed all the action tonight. Got the 17.07 ex Connolly which departed on time, and was only slightly delayed behind late running northbound DARTs.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote