View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2007, 18:00   #10
Aphfaneire
Regular Poster

I was on that exact train aswell. I got it for a good while when i was in lectures so it was obvious to notice a whole train was missing from the front. We where stuck at least two or three times because the doors couldnt close due to overcrowding. I was drifting in and out of sleep but then was told by my mom sitting opisite me that we where 20 minutes or so late. Then it stoped intbetween connolly and tara. And then as i walked up from the front of the train to the stared the back 2 trains doors wouldnt open. There was people knocking frantically on the windows as an ie person on platform duty passed by.

Ive allways called those trains with the dart seats the rustbuckets and now im starting to be proved right. What i dont get is the train for rosslare is the same basic models just better seating, or newer. So why is this commuting relic still there and at peak times. Stick it on the docklands line, one of the 29000's for that line is better suited.

Also ive noticed the drogeda yard is even emptier at that time of the morning, the new trains are gone and only maybe 2 29000's and one 2600 seem'd to be left, i didnt see inside the shed but it was an almost barren yard.
Scew new service to clonsilla, drogheda is overcrowding more and more, what was bought for the upgrade has been long surpassed in less than 3 years.