View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2007, 11:15   #6
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Condron View Post
What percentage of those ticket holders wold actually use the DART on a typical bank holiday weekend? I think that at some stage people have to step back and think of the greater good, we are all going to benefit from the stadium, so putting up with taking a bus instead of a DART shouldn't be much of an inconvenience.
I lived beside Lansdowne Road during the last set of weekend dart closures and I was incredibly inconvenienced. It's not (all) about traffic, the buses serving that area are very unreliable inbound, travelling as they do from the outer regions of the city. It's not as bad now with the 4 but lots of people will be stuck.

I've yet to see a city where public transport is treated as poor cousin to everything else. 1916 Memorial - no buses on O'Connell St. Water works in Ballymun - close the bus lane. Pavement works in Drumcondra - close the bus lane so cars aren't slowed down. PDs pre-election stunt - park their truck in the bus terminus on Merrion Square. Just once, could we please put public transport first instead of last?
markpb is offline   Reply With Quote