View Single Post
Unread 19-03-2007, 22:27   #7
zag
Regular Poster

Default Where are the smilies ?

I think it's time to start using smilies on some of these posts. It's a bit hard to know whether some of these comments are straight up or not, or whether they are supposed to be accompanied by shoulder shrugs and sighs.

For example - Mark, you say that "you can't start a journey from there with a reserved ticket . . .", but looked at from a purely logical viewpoint (i.e. the viewpoint of Joe Customer) this place is a station, trains stop there, they pick up passangers, they drop them off again, where's the problem ? We should be asking why the station isn't in the ticketing system instead of just stating that it's not possible to book a reserved seat from there.

Same goes for the childrens fare from a vending machine issue. I appeciate the clarification that they don't sell them and *I* won't waste my time trying to get one next time, but shouldn't we be trying to get IE to get their act together and make these things work ?

I can just see a whole heap of IE David Brents sitting around saying things like . . . "Oh yeah, well we could sell those tickets from that station or from that machine, but then, you know, that would give the punters the upper hand and the secret in sales is to always keep a few surprises up your sleeve"

z
zag is offline   Reply With Quote