View Single Post
Unread 20-09-2010, 15:59   #5
pixiebean22
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm Moore View Post
Any train Dublin-Waterford should be able to take 3 bikes + any number of folding bikes (as luggage, they are expected to be covered).

Where the train is made up of a two 3x22000 sets, it should be able to take six. However, some sets have been found to be without racks, so they are only able to take one (in the cupboard - you'll need a staff member to open it, make sure you have enough time when getting off).

Waterford-Limerick Junction trains can carry some bikes, I'm not sure how many.

There are no reservations for bikes yet, but it is expected.

Fares: http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey...nformation.asp
Thanks Colm, had actually found information on this somewhere else on this website so that's why I deleted post. Is it true so if I show up of a morning and another person is there with a bike I can be refused? (some sets have been found to be without racks, so they are only able to take one)

To be honest I would gladly pay a token fare (say an extra €2-€5) if it meant I was guaranteed a space for my bike or if they allowed me to bring my dog on the train.

Also, do you know where i can apply for the IE rail card, does this need to be done far in advance and is there a charge for the card? Thanks.
pixiebean22 is offline   Reply With Quote