View Single Post
Unread 26-04-2010, 10:06   #252
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

I also went back first-class on the 1730 Cork-Heuston yesterday. There was no ticket checker available for the gate in Cork, so a booking office staff member inspected but did not stamp tickets. There was also no ticket check on the train; the train host did check tickets of people going into first class but it did not appear that upgrade fares were collected from passengers wishing to upgrade. I was not directed to any carriage.

There was snack service only with one staff member, so the trolley operated and when it was finished the attendant opened the snack bar.

The train host made a few announcements from time to time and walked the train a couple of times. There was some child with her from Cork-Mallow and she sat in first class playing with the child.

Another agreeable and uneventful journey, and the train arrived in 12 minutes early. I notice that all the Cork-Dublin trains on Sundays run non-stop from Thurles to Heuston (or in some cases from Limerick Junction to Heuston) and this is a practice that the rest of the timetable could do with.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote