View Single Post
Unread 15-04-2010, 07:43   #36
Ron Burgundy
Regular Poster

Ok here is the reply i got from Irish Rail................

Hi Ron,

I understand the frustration that your Annual ticket not working is causing you and on behalf of Iarnród Éireann I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

The interim Rail Only Smartcard is currently being rolled out to the Short Hop Zone (as far as Balbriggan, Maynooth, Kilcoole and Hazelhatch).

I note from checking the Taxsaver orders that you hold a Portarlington – Connolly, Point-Point ticket, purchased through the **********
As this is an integrated ticket, with Luas and Dublin Bus services, it falls under the Railway Procurement Agency Smartcard project. The integrated Bus/Rail/Luas
Smartcard project is organised outside the CIE group, by the Railway Procurement Agency. The latest date for go live of the RPA integrated project is March, 2011

In the interim period, I am planning on organising a replacement procedure on site at Heuston in the coming weeks for any Customers that have faulty magnetic tickets. This will be communicated through Taxsaver administrators, ******** in your department.

I have forwarded your email to the relevant Manager in Heuston station in relation to your comments on the Customer Service at the station. I trust this clarifies the matter
for you but do not hesitate to contact me directly on 7034003 if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Ok so i get my NEW ticket on April 1 and it lasts for 3 days before it stops working just like the last two tickets i've got...........

Here is my reply this morning to Irish Rail

I used my new annual tickey for 3 DAYS and it has stopped working already.

Rude staff again, pointless waiting again, money wasted again !

I am paying for a product which does not work as described.

Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services act, good must be fit for their purpose. This ticket clearly is not as it won't work in the machines that are there over a year.

Your company have had enough time to sort this out.

I want to new ticket to be delivered to Heuston for my collection and every time it gives up ( which it no doubt will ) i want another one until you get this complete mess sorted.

There were a que of over 40 people waiting to get through the pointless barrrier this morning and one member of staff who couldn't care less and went at his Irish Rail pace.

As i have stated above i would like a new ticket to be available for collection in Heuston ASAP.

I am also considering connecting the press about this matter as there are a number of people in the same boat as me who pay a lot of money for this rubbish system and level of customer service as Heuston Station.

Regards,
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote