View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2015, 20:18   #19
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Jamie, I have edited my previous post due to typo, West is in use and is the only operational cabin. The intention is that Waterford will ultimately be able to handle one six car in the bay and a somewhat larger train (or perhaps two) in the main platform.
Will be useful, guess I am just very unconvinced and will be until it re opens. I still don't see the reasoning behind extending the bay platform and yet not installing a set of points to the main platform when they completed the works some time ago. I know why they will need the bay platform in use because the running line to Belview has being removed and services using the main platform would block freight services however I hope this isn't the reason for the delay to reopening.

Quote:
It's a shame there isn't room at Belview (or money to do it) to push yard operations/timber/rolling stock storage out there, and then CTC the resulting simplified layout including the Carrick-on-Suir-Waterford section as was I believe done for Tipperary-Limerick Junction when the latter cabins closed.
Wouldn't need to, yard is very simple now, coming off the Dublin line one line branches off passenger and then 3/4 others off that before some have buffers and the other few come back into one and onto main platform.

Could be wrong but the timber goes to Belview, not sure the reasoning the company transfer by road from Waterford to Belview.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote