View Single Post
Unread 21-10-2013, 08:41   #24
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

I was trying to say that the poster is a typical example of treating their customers like mugs.

Either the barriers are dangerous or they are not. If they are dangerous, they shouldn't be installed in a public area. If they aren't then Irish Rail are basically lying to their customers with the announcement.

The point with a family ticket illustrates that there are situations that the barriers are not able to cope with yet there is nothing to tell you to avoid the allegedly dangerous ticket machines. Note that the only copy of the notice I have seen is after the barriers in Connolly and so doesn't count as instructions even if it did tell you to use the manual barrier if you have more than one person on a ticket.

Finally, I have seen people passing children over the barriers so it is not obvious to infrequent users that they should be using the manual exit. People on this forum use the rail system every day so know a lot more about how to get around it than the person who takes his kids to Dublin once a year for the spin.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote