View Single Post
Unread 19-10-2013, 13:02   #23
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
The barriers are very slow to open, causes a bit of a queue, I was expecting the swift working ones, like on the London Underground!
Works perfectly fine; there's a rhythm to it. As soon as the gate has opened for the person ahead of you, or as soon as they've taken their ticket if the gate was already open, you put your ticket in. The main issue I've seen is people who feel they should wait for the gate to close ahead of them before they put in their own ticket. This is perhaps inherited from car park barriers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
I notice a poster that has gone up in Connolly explaining that it is very dangerous to tailgate through the barriers and could result in injury. Perhaps they shouldn't be install equipment that could potentially injure customers. You can legitimately have up to 6 people travelling on a single family ticket.
Family ticket holders should be using the manual gate.

Someone standing too close to the gate will prevent it from opening this is because it can be used for reverse tailgaiting i.e. the person too close and the next person both try to go through on the one ticket.

Over here in London the biggest problem is person A touches their invalid card or puts in an invalid ticket, gate doesn't open, person B automatically touches their card or puts in a valid ticket, person A goes through and person B gets stuck behind the gate.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote