View Single Post
Unread 14-04-2015, 11:46   #28
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Rubbish, if i was safety related then platforms 3/4 and 7/8 in Heuston wouldn't be allowed...

As for a wall before reopening, according to the report the rock is in good condition and it doesn't state the may platform cannot be reopened or issue recommendations of works required before it can.

What we should know is the total amount IE received as they got two installments of which the first was 1 million and whatever is December 2014 and how they have or plan to spend it on in Waterford.
It's nothing to do with the platform having two faces - rather I would imagine it is the company being seen to be safety conscious regarding the risk of the cliff moving again.

Whether you think it rubbish or not is beside the point, I suspect that the company would have that concern - if that rock face were to subsequently move again there would be all hell to pay if the main platform were back in use without retaining walls being installed, and I'd imagine that you would be among the first to say that they should have put in protective measures.

What the risk of something happening is and what public opinion may be are often entirely different, and sometimes the latter can override the former.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote