View Single Post
Unread 16-05-2007, 09:51   #187
MrX
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luasifer View Post

I observed these machines for a period of about 30 mins while waiting in Connolly recently. During this time a lot of people had a problem with which side to walk through when they put their ticket in, locals and tourists alike. There were many people putting the ticket in on the left side so they are then walking through the wrong gate.

This could easily be avoided if IE only had one green arrow illuminated on each gate. What I mean is that on top of each slot where you enter your ticket there is a green arrow pointing in both directions. Surely there should only be one arrow illuminated to tell you which way to walk in!! This is certainly the case in other places such as London etc.
Yes, it doesn't look right at all. I don't think both arrows are supposed to be switched on.

I'm left handed and for some reason did that too without thinking about it and ended up invalidating my ticket at landsdown road on two occasions.

Why would it be any more obvious to someone that the ticket should to in on the right rather than on the left?!
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote