View Single Post
Unread 30-01-2013, 11:50   #30
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsheff View Post
i used to get the 7.42am from HHatch (this is now gone) & 6.05 from Heuston home (this is also now gone). Alternatives take longer to do the same journey (seems to be a common complaing on this thread) and are overfull.

Since the timetable change I've noticed that it is now taking roughly the same time to get in to work/home using 67x. The difference is that the 67x runs at more suitable times. I no longer see me using the train because of this (bus is much cheaper!)

Theres the old phrase "Build it and they will come"....well IR you also need to provide a Service too.

So much for IR going to offer a commuter service as far as HHatch.

Also why does it cost more to get to the city centre with IR/bus combo from HHatch than it does from Maynooth/Leixlip (a longer journey). Seems unreasonable
The impression that I get is that Irish Rail have downgraded the Commuter Service between Hazelhatch/Celbridge and Heuston,ie: many cuts at peak times. We have lost 3 trains in the morning between 8am and 9.10am. To be honest for this commute Dublin Bus is the better option at the moment.

Last edited by grainne whale : 30-01-2013 at 12:08.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote