View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2012, 21:25   #37
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
I appreciate that passenger numbers may have dropped (though I'd debate by how much, many of the industries hit by the recession would not have contributed much to the DART numbers, & there's still plenty of students and schoolkids). I don't mind standing for a bit, and if they genuinely had no additional capacity available I'd accept it, but its a bit galling to find yourself jammed into someone's armpit for half an hour when you know they have carriages sitting around Fairview doing nothing.
So lets say around 440,000 unemployed I estimate at least 150,000 around Dublin area if only 20,000 used to use IR servces then I would say its quiet a drop.

Thousands leaving the cournty monthly. Many non Irish nationals have left and most only used public transport.

Transport has being hit most during the downturn. Take avation Dublin Airport has lost 5 million passengers since the peak in 2008 why is because people are not travling and the same applies to trains, buse.

I don't have any sort of figues but from what I saw on Wednesday I would like to know how 8 car sets were justified for so long.

Quote:
prepared for sale ?
Lets get real they are not going to be sold as nobody would want to buy them.

And for people giving out about standing for 15-30 minutes then you need to use trains on Waterford line everymorning. Passengers standing for 60-70 minutes and there is lots of capacity that could be added but its not.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 05-10-2012 at 22:37.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote