View Single Post
Unread 13-12-2007, 18:50   #26
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Ryan View Post
I have travelled home on the 17.25 service every night this week and the extended service is now more crowded than ever.
Monday and Wednesday the train only had 4 carrages and people were still standing after Rathdrum. Even on Tuesday when 6 carrages operated the service there was a lot more standing after Kilcoole and even after Wicklow people had to stand.
There seems to be a good 40 to 50 passangers on the train when it leaves Gorey for Enniscorthy. IE need to make the train 8 carrages or introduce the 16.40 now.
It just proves that there is a demand behond Gorey. I travelled on the 17:25 Enniscorthy on Monday and it was packed to the limit. I was shoved into the door as with others. I was standing till Wicklow but there was about 6people still standing after that till Rathdrum. The train was a 29000 set it just said "This train is for Enniscorthy" not calling at stations along the route. No platform announcement saying passengers for Wexford etc.. change at Enniscorthy. When they were making the platfroms longer they should have made it to an 8car length or the new 22k with 6cars to that length, Not to 6car commuter lengths!!

Last edited by KSW : 13-12-2007 at 22:17.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote