View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2007, 13:44   #22
losexpectation
Regular Poster

when I saw the the second day time picture, I jsut thought cheeky!, I think it was fairly obvious you shouldn't try to squeeze yourself into that space surrounded by yellow box, I guess you could avoid the fine because you broken no rule, but I don't think anyone should park there.

Quote:
On a related matter, there was an article in the Sunday Times before Christmas concerning provision of Park and Ride services by local authorities. The article highlighted that while "€38.7m has been provided by the Department of Transport to provide car parks in the outer suburbs and commuter towns over the past three years, only €5.6m was taken". It goes on to state that "Some €7.4m was offered to local authorities in the greater Dublin area in the last five years, yet just €1.3m was used. This year (2006) €5m was available, but none was used."
What I can' t understand is they had all the empty land beside howth junction station and now its all used up by warehouses and the people on the donaghmede side are giving out about people parking around the green there and there isn't that much room on the cul de sac KIlbarrack side and now Buckleys are going into the chem factory space (rather then Lidl) Why didn't IE build a big park and ride there at a Junction station. Too late now though.
losexpectation is offline   Reply With Quote