View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2008, 12:10   #155
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
I have to say I am cleary a fan of the new 22k trains. Yesterday at Heuston Station I seen these new 22k trains at every platfrom the mk III sets from what I seen yesterday are cleary gone. Travelling from Dublin to Galway on these new trains I have to say I am very happy about them going on the Rosslare line. The train departed Galway at 15:05 and arrived in Heuston at 17:35 The train was going fast the entire journey which helps..
I am afraid that I am not particularly happy to see the imminent (?) arrival of the 22ks on the Rosslare line - granted they will be better than the present collection of awful Commuter railcars on the route - they will be grossly inferior to the MkIIs as originally supplied. No 1st class, no dining car, no Fastrack, little space for bicyles, excessive lighting and I am reliably informed that Rosslare services may be operated by 3-piece sets. Can this latter point be correct?

Several hundreds of million spent on the route and the standard of service is going to be inferior to that provided in the 1980's - where is the sense in that or indeed value for money?
PLUMB LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote