View Single Post
Unread 24-07-2008, 16:33   #146
brianw82
New to the board

I'd just like to say that I had a very nice journey on the 9am Sligo - Connolly. Got on at Collooney, one of the new 6-car trains. I worked on my laptop and charged my mobile on the way. Love being able to do that! Only noticable delay was at Mullingar, but it was only 5 minutes. I think it was a wheelchair user getting on. Still pulled in to Maynooth (my stop) on time.

Ticket inspector was one of the guys from Sligo, nice guy, been on the train for 5 years or so, never had a problem with him or seen him having a problem with anyone.

Trolley was in the back section of the train for the first part of the trip (I was in the first carriage), and was very slow in working its way up to the front. I believe it switches to the front section after Longford, but a LOT of people got on after Longford, most likely due to the 10e return offer for July. This was probably why it was so slow. I didn't want to get anything anyway, so I didn't mind.

The moral of the story is, it's a helluva lot better getting the Sligo - Dublin train now than it was when I was colleging it up in Maynooth from '01 to '05. (still remember being told to "pile on there, lads!" getting the Friday evening train back, when there was NO room to do so!)
It is possible to have a nice journey with Iarnród Eireann.
brianw82 is offline   Reply With Quote