View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2016, 14:40   #10
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
I wasn't actually blaming Irish Rail - I suggested that the reason for the problem currently is to do with the government who once the purse-strings are loosened love to have their pictures taken beside expensive shiny new trains rather than putting a few quid into maintaining what we've got already.

So with 2 Mark IVs returning, this should release 2 or more 22k sets which is great news. They could replace 29Ks operating longer-distance Connolly commuter services with these and it would make everyone a bit happier.

Hopefully, they'll get funding to restore the 2700s rather than having to leave them idle for another few years and then having to spend 50 million euro buying stock to replace them. Unfortunately with our present political system it's difficult to see our masters and leaders being so enlightened.
I know you weren't blaming IE - but you're in a minority on that! Most people fail to see the correlation between the reduction in funding from government and the capacity issues.

The two returning Mark 4 sets are releasing ICRs for use on the Kildare Line services through the Phoenix Park Tunnel - they won't help the Connolly side at all.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote