View Single Post
Unread 19-07-2016, 12:53   #44
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
It knows I tagged off in Drogheda. It knows I tagged on in Bray. It should also know that the only way I could get to Drogheda is on the Pearse-Drogheda route covered by my P2P card, and only charge for the part that's not covered (Bray-Lansdowne Road in my case).

If there are direct trains, and a single ticket covers the journey, I should not be expected to tag out and in mid way.

This effectively means I can't use direct trains from south of Lansdowne, since I would need to get off in Pearse to tag off and on. I suppose if you picked your seat carefully and didn't mind standing from Pearse on, you might be able to hop off, tag out and in, and hop on again.

What happens in the other direction, if I tag on in Drogheda and tag off in Bray?
The problem is that the purse and the ticket are two separate products - the card is not that smart - you either use one or the other but not both at the same time.

The fundamental issue is that the epurse is only valid within the Short Hop zone - until that changes you have to tag on/off within the short hop zone for the appropriate fare to be deducted. Whether that will change is down to the NTA.

If you didn't want to tag off the epurse and tag on the ticket, you would either have to grin and bear it and pay the higher LEAP fare from the epurse or buy a Bray-Pearse ticket in Bray from a ticket machine.

Last edited by berneyarms : 19-07-2016 at 13:07.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote