View Single Post
Unread 14-04-2015, 17:05   #33
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Don't know what the final plan for Waterford is but it appears that there is no intention of re-instating the double line on the approach from Waterford West. I think it was the intention to re-instate at least the Dublin end of platform 3/4 and to put a barrier in place between the cliff face and the station.
It was lifted a few weeks ago, a set of points just after West (as if coming from Dublin/Limerick side)

Quote:
I am not a geologist but I imagine the risk of further rock fall is no different to that during the last 110 years of passenger operation.
Agree and regular inspections would go a long way!

Quote:
There is a great inclination nowadays to subject passengers/customers/users to disruption rather than expose the responsible authorities to a kick up the rear if something goes wrong. To a great extent the public, the media, the judiciary are to blame for the current approach to safety issues and the disruption and costs associated with it.

Safety is vital and railways have historically had a very good safety record for passengers before the blossoming of the modern safety industry. I am not at all dismissing the many initiatives that have made the railway a safer place for employees but something tells me common sense is sometimes lacking.
Agree about safety but the current set up isn't ideal and to be honest it put people under pressure to clear the platform.

The real issue is they have had almost a year and a half and to be honest they don't seem to have a clue what they plan to do.

Anyway here is the pic....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views:	2659
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1594  
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote