View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2010, 13:15   #13
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

I wasn't expecting a free drink either - it is quite obvious that the trolley couldn't cope. I feel sorry for the guy who was operating it given that he was taking most of the stick and he doesn't even work for Irish Rail.

Before the 29Ks came in, they used to give out free tea/coffee over the bar if there was a serious delay but they had the capacity to serve it back then. Even if it were possible, it mightn't be the brightest idea to start giving free drink to a trainload of irate seriously delayed commuters.

It strikes me that it would have been eminantly sensible to put some sort of a stores cupboard and fridge for the catering on the 22Ks. That might enable them to increase volume and reduce prices. I suppose the prices are reasonably competitive to what you would pay in a Dublin pub, and you are buying for consumption on the premises anyway.

If I want coffee on the train I take a flask as the coffee tastes like lukewarm dishwater anyway. Same goes for food -there is no shortage of places selling sambos near Connolly but most of them charge the same as the trolley anyway.

Is it possible that the problem with the signals anything to do with new line being integrated?
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote