View Single Post
Unread 24-09-2007, 21:02   #18
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

Default 17:33 Bray-Mullingar service!

I was getting the train in to town on Saturday week ago.It was the 17:33 Bray-Mullingar service. One of the stops it makes is Dalkey,my local station. When I saw the train approach the platform, I noticed that it was going too fast to slow down before reaching the end of the platform. It was a 4 car 29000 CAF Commuter.For a second I thought it was going to skip past Dalkey entirely.Before it came to a complete stop,3 carriages had passed out the platform.This left the last south facing carriage remaining.

I decided to go up to try openning the automatic door.I tried three times and it didn't work. So,with a raised politely toned voice I alerted the train driver up front. After a few seconds, I noticed an the driver coming to the back carriage. He tried openning the automatic doors himself a few times. It didn't work for him either so he resorted to letting me and my fellow passengers in through the door of the drivers cabin.

This happened before in Glenageary with the 8:55 Bray-Balbriggan service. Only on that particular ocassion it was an 8 car 29000 formation and it stopped with two carriages on the platform with the remaining 6 further up track. Given that the driver couldn't see people were trying to open the door to get on,he/she ignored the matter and drove on. It just goes to show that some train drivers drive too fast for their own good and leave it to late to hit the breaks. Either that or they aren't informed of the stops they will have to make for a particular service.
paddyb180285 is offline   Reply With Quote