View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2012, 13:04   #38
essoII
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
So lets say around 440,000 unemployed I estimate at least 150,000 around Dublin area if only 20,000 used to use IR servces then I would say its quiet a drop.

Thousands leaving the cournty monthly. Many non Irish nationals have left and most only used public transport.

Transport has being hit most during the downturn. Take avation Dublin Airport has lost 5 million passengers since the peak in 2008 why is because people are not travling and the same applies to trains, buse.

I don't have any sort of figues but from what I saw on Wednesday I would like to know how 8 car sets were justified for so long.

Lets get real they are not going to be sold as nobody would want to buy them.

And for people giving out about standing for 15-30 minutes then you need to use trains on Waterford line everymorning. Passengers standing for 60-70 minutes and there is lots of capacity that could be added but its not.

What's the basis of your point? There are still 8 carriage DARTs running off peak hours that have not been formed for the purpose of entering a scheduled peak service time.

Originally Irishrail stated the 4 carriage DARTs were used for peak services during summer months when no colleges or schools were on. With the new school/college term initiated over a month ago, there has not been no response in terms of carriage numbers for peak hour services to the increased demand.

Either Irishrail management are completely incompetent or there is something they are not telling us.
essoII is offline   Reply With Quote