View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2014, 09:18   #23
laoisfan
Regular Poster

So the 06:00 Cork-Dublin was running late this morning by about 7 minutes.

I asked the Station Master in Ballybrophy what is the reason that this train is late for the last 3 weeks, with the exception of 1 or 2 days where it was on time. Is it leaves I asked? He replies no that it's not leaves that it is the Tralee to Mallow train that is causing it to be delayed. I inform him that there is no Tralee to Mallow train connecting with the 06:00 Cork-Dublin train. That it is infact the next Cork-Dublin train where the connection is. The silence is deafening.

I send a tweet to IrishRail asking what is the reason for the delay this morning. The reply back that it is due to leaves. I reply back that the Station Master in Ballybrophy says it is not leaves that it is a connection at Mallow which is causing the delay when infact there is no connection for that train.

IrishRail tweet back apologising for the misinformation that it was a mechanical fault at Mallow and it was causing a 20 minute delay on the 06:00 Cork-Dublin service. Meanwhile I have arrived at Portlaoise. I get out and wait for the 08:10 commuter train.

While I'm waiting I ask the Station Master at Portlaoise what the reason for the delay is and was it infact 20 minutes late because I timed it at being 7 minutes late. He confirms that there was no mechanical fault and that it was running 7-8 minutes late and most likely would arrive on time in Heuston.

I get on the 08:10 Portlaoise commuter train. I reply back to Irish Rail stating what the Station Master in Portlaoise has just said. Irish Rail tweet back that the delay was due to ongoing Engineering works.

So I didn't have a boring morning guys.

Are there Engineering works? I wasn't aware of any.

LOL
laoisfan is offline   Reply With Quote