View Single Post
Unread 28-05-2013, 11:24   #4
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

If you had looked at there website/twitter you would of know that they updated the delays and services suspensions on the route.

Quote:
Why don't the platform announcements provide a little more useful announcement like "the next northbound train will arrive at this station in approximately 7 minutes, the next southbound train will arrive in approximately 27 minutes but this may be subject to further delay"
Remind me how many stations this would need to be done at on the DART line, CTC would have enough to by doing than making all those announcements.

Quote:
While I'm at it - the guys working on Merrion Gates seemed quite oblivious to the traffic mayhem they caused yesterday morning. I know they were operating safely and I'm not suggesting that they endanger anyone, but they let a long stream of trains through at about 0820 - it felt like the barriers were down for at least 15 minutes. I cycled along the coast towards Sandymount & Irishtown and the traffic was still backed up to Gilford Avenue 5 or more minutes after the barriers rose. This was non-peak flows. I wouldn't like to see how far the traffic was backed up towards Blackrock. Given that they had a manual barrier in place it would have made sense to keep the traffic & trains flowing more or less as normal during the peak and then start the heavy work once the peak had dropped off.
What's your point, is it wrong for public transport to be given priority over people in private cars. After all it was a private car that caused the problems and 3 bridge strikes yesterday as well.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote