View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:08   #10
scooby
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm Moore View Post
You don't mention which station.

What do you mean "which i showed him"?

Did he actually ask for your name? Did he say it was an offence to not give your name

Buy a Leap Card. You can use the on-line log to claim your expenses from work, it they'll accept it.
It was Glenageary station

No he did not say it was an offence not to give your name

I cant use a leap card our accounts dept will only accept the actual ticket as a receipt

I did keep the ticket i bought after the incident

What i did not say in my earlier epic post was that the issue was indeed that it was a €50 note i did not know at that time it would not accept this as i never use the vending machines i usually pay at the hatch

I genuinely did not see any notice like the one in other stations that was pointed out to me by a friend after this happened

I went and had another look and there was a sticker up on the top of the machine not beside the display like others this notice was partially obscured by another sticker and nothing came up on the display of the machine i tried several times to put it through

I had no other cash or cards that i could use

My problem with this whole mess is that i made genuine efforts to buy a ticket which were refused

At no time did i try to evade paying
I could have just walked out behind someone else but i did not I actually required a ticket and i tried to buy one

I needed a ticket to get to and from work and i need the actual physical ticket in order to be reimbursed

I just will not accept that someone can call me a criminal & demand money from me and that i should just accept it and reward them for this
shut up and pay up attitude

The guy in the little office in pearse was not even remotely interested in listening to my side of the story he was writing the ticket before i had finished speaking he did not try to contact glenageary to see if there was anyone there

The guard that arrived said that was her third time there that morning for the same thing

If i was the third person that felt strongly enough to ask for the gardai to be called then how many people just accepted irish rails accusations and walked away

the law society journal done an article on this called ticket to ride
http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&tbo=d&sc...w=1280&bih=696

And clearly ( again in my opinion) indicates that it is not an offence to board a train without a ticket if the station is unmanned or you are unable to use the vending machine as long as you try to buy one as soon as you can on reaching your destination it is only an offence if you intend not to pay

Again i apologise for the long post
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote