View Single Post
Unread 21-07-2012, 19:50   #37
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotman View Post
Its getting very close to the point where Irish Rail will have to have staff at the entrance gate of the station to meet and greet potential passengers.

Hold their hands, Guide them gently to the ticket machines or booking office and then bring them to the train. Make sure they sit down and are comfortable and then the train may leave.

Passengers are supposed to be in the stations in time to buy a ticket - if not they put up with the consequences.

Gates, at certain stations, are allegedly to be closed a few minutes before the departure of the train.

Has anyone any information on how often did this person had to buy a ticket on the train. Is it by any chance a 'habit' not to buy one in the station ???? Be interesting to find out.

This is a grown up person who knows the score. She is in a government position who should know better.

Me thinks she has done or attempted to do this before and the staff were getting fed up with it. The attitude may be 'don't you know who I am'. Don't question me mentality.

She got caught, didn't like it and screamed - tough. Pay up love - next please.
Irish Rail should consider using the following wording on their website and at stations

"If you board a train where you could have bought (or collected) a ticket at a ticket office or from a ticket machine you risk a fine should you be challenged by staff on board the train or at the point of dis-embarkation". Covers all eventualities and inconsistencies.

There is still a potential problem if a station which is supposed to be staffed is not or if ticket machines are not accessible or working. I did have a recent experience whereby I booked a ticket online for collection at a station which was unstaffed (when it should have been staffed). Evntually picked up the ticket at Heuston having completed the outward part of the journey.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote