View Single Post
Unread 26-05-2006, 09:05   #178
Slowcoach
New to the board

Default No word Athlone

17:10 to Athlone May 23rd. Delayed Tuesday by almost 30mins, announcements not audible at that part of station. There was an old couple ahead of me, queuing, the lady had back problems no customer service staff or anything no information being circled about. One train was waiting and then removed from the platform without any passengers on board incidentially it looked new, an old model was brought in. At this stage the old women was leaning against a wall holding her back visibly in agony. I offered to get them help but having queued so long they thought they'd be left without a seat. By the time customer service came down to tell us something, the gates opened and they said nothing. When I got on the carriage the lady was weeping on her husbands shoulder. Not only should information be communicated better, people with special needs should be guaranteed a seat and told where to assemble to get it. I'm sure this all wasn't intentional but its so badly communicated nobody knows what to do.
Slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote