View Single Post
Unread 18-08-2010, 18:32   #4
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Your situation is slightly novel with the combination of a non-reservable station and a travel pass. However, it is by no means unique and your situation should be catered for. I'll make some further enquiries.

It is possible to turn up speculatively without a reservation. However, if you really want to reserve, you can for €3*. You would still need to get a travel pass ticket from the ticket office as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac View Post
I'm disabled and although not in a chair I'm not the most mobile so I was thinking of reserving a seat from Longford, it'd either be 10.17am or 12.16pm I'd be using.
Potentially, you could book from "before" Longford, but someone would need to collect that reservation from a suitable station - you can no longer have tickets posted out to you. However, I'm not certain if it needs to be collected as its only the reservation, not the actual ticket.

Quote:
And when I reserve a seat do I just get a seat number and would there be much walking involved?
You can select whichever available seat you want at booking time.

Quote:
Also what would the space on the particular trains on these schedules be like? I remember leg room used to leave a bit to be desired.

I assume its all layed out like they used to be, as in two seats facing two more or is there any single seats at all?
Its mostly a foursome around a table or two seats together airplane style. However, at the wheelchair space there are 3 seats and a wheelchair space around a smaller table, so this is often the location with the most legroom, although that depends on whether there is someone there with a wheelchair, pram, etc.

* A transaction charge of €2 applies. A further credit card charge of €1 applies (Laser is free, i.e. only the transaction charge of €2). Certain changes are happening to the reservation system over the next few days / weeks.