View Single Post
Unread 23-06-2010, 15:28   #7
fergalfrog
New to the board

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Its more like 100k for a ticket vending machine, otherwise you need to staff the office 18 hours a day
I may be wrong but I don't believe this is true. I am not looking for a vending machine. Castlerea has no vending machine but when you call there with a print off from the web they hand out out the ticket.

Hence a €50 printer would suffice. Also in Carrick on Shannon there seems to be staff selling tickets whenever I get the train so I don't see how there would be more staff hours required.

I disagree too that there is little to be saved. Myself and two others are flying out from Dublin and need to get the train on Monday next as we don't want to leave a car in Dublin for a couple of weeks. This is going to cost us:

€27.50 x 3 = €82.50

as opposed to €30 if bought online.

Hence for a saving of €52.50 it still works out cheaper to drive to another station the day before to collect the ticket.

It's great that 72.5% of stations offer the online service. The fact that they gave printers to stations that have much less demand for them is simply very bad management.

As I said I may be wrong and I don't have the contacts in irish rail that you seem to have but I still believe a colour printer from Lidl would solve this problem.
fergalfrog is offline   Reply With Quote