View Single Post
Unread 22-12-2009, 12:27   #4
finnyus

Midleton is a bit different though, in that the car park is a bit of a walk from the town center. Midleton has a big free multi-story car park off the main street, and then Market Green is a big free car park as well, again just off the main street. I could not imagine the station car park full, except if there was a GAA match on in Midleton (GAA grounds are just across the road from the station) or if the car park was actually free and it would appeal to more people to take the train to Cork.

It makes NO sense to email this around today, 2 days before Xmas eve. Could they not have advertised this earlier! I suppose when they cannot get the basic information right (like the latest timetable) at stations, we have no hope for anything else!

On a lighter note, the crowds taking the trains from Midleton at the moment is great to see! I hope the "Revenue Protection Unit" are out in force, so that everyone buys a ticket - we don't want anyone to start mentioning that the Midleton line is making a loss, when there clearly is a lot of people using the line !