View Single Post
Unread 24-08-2009, 22:07   #29
citizens7
New to the board

Default Drogheda to Dundalk Timetable

The timetable for drogheda to dundalk doesn't seem to have been following at all today based on comments in this thread and my own experience. I got on a bus at connolly which left at 16:33 today, it arrived into Drogheda at 17:16 (not bad). I then assumed I had to wait for the 18:00 commuter service to Dundalk as per timetable, but I was told there was an Enterprise due in at 17:30 but it was running late and should arrive about 17:45, I was also told that the 18:00 commuter wouldn't actually be leaving until 18:30, so no train was due to leave at 18:00.

We got on Enterprise at 17:52 and waited 10 minutes for other buses to arrive before it departed. So door to door 2hrs 50mins (usually 1hrs 35mins).

Question is why does the timetable (drogheda to dundalk) not include the Enterprise train times and why (on the first day) are the changing the timetable on the fly !

Also, and I asked this in earlier post, why can't the run 2 4-car trains up and down from Drogheda to Dundalk every half hour, that way they don't have to keep holding trains waiting for buses (other than Enterprise), there were 2 trains sitting idle in Drogheda while I waited 45 mins. they could have been up and back again (well nearly !).
citizens7 is offline   Reply With Quote