View Single Post
Unread 24-09-2008, 19:27   #11
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
The MK4 PA actually says

Ladies and Gentlemen, Iarnród Éireann welcomes you on board. This is the xx:xx hours service from A to B, calling at C, D & E. Your attention is drawn to the safety and evacuation notices. This is a no smoking service. We thank you for your attention and hope you have a pleasant and comfortable journey.
Well, that's what it says when it's waiting to depart. It's a bit longer after subsequent stops, viz:

Seo Ã* an traein ó A go B, agus beidh sÃ* ag freastal ar C, D, & E. Tabhair aird le bhur dtoil ar na fógraÃ* sabháilteachta agus asloinneatha. Tá cosc ar chaitheamh tabac ar an seirbhÃ*s seo. Cinntigh le bhur dtoil go bhfuil bhur mbagáistÃ* stóráilte i gceart, agus nach bhfuil siad sna bhealach sna pasáistÃ*. Cinntigh le bhur dtoil go mbreathnaÃ*onn sibh ar na fógraÃ* thar na suÃ*ocháin atá curtha in áirithe. Ná suÃ*gÃ* i suÃ*ocháin atá réamháirithe. Go raibh maith agaibh as cluas a thabhairt dúinn, agus tá súil againn go mbeidh turas deas compordach agaibh.

Ladies and gentlemen, Iarnród Éireann welcomes you on board. This is the (time) train from A to B, calling at C, D, and E. Your attention is drawn to the safety and evacuation notices. This is a no-smoking service. Please ensure your luggage is properly stored, and does not obstruct passageways. Please ensure that you observe the reserved seating notices, and do not occupy pre-booked seats. Thank you for your attention, and have a pleasant and comfortable journey.

And usually this is added to by the train host, and by announcements about the catering service. I can see how some folks would tune out.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote