View Single Post
Unread 22-04-2008, 14:55   #7
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedailygrudge View Post
Does anyone else think that we need trains after 19.00 as a matter of urgency.

I contacted IR about this for the last 2 years and they state there is not enough demand for the service & hardly anyone has expressed interest in it, which I do not believe.

The fact people can't start work any earlier than 8.30 means we occassionally have to work late, meaning after 19.00 like most of the modern capital cities in the world. For IR to expect me to catch a 11pm bus home and hang around Bus Aras on my own as an alternative is a joke!!!

We did get a 21.00 train this year on the timetable but it was taken off within minute sof being deicided upon in draft format due to the fact it would mean cancelling the 18.15. How these 2 would be interlinked I don't know. Surely there are enough drivers for a 18.15 and a 21.00 from Connolly to Mullingar.

Can everyone who agrees we need this later train please write in to IR P. Slowey to make sure we express our concern?

Thanks,
newby to forum but long term commuter

Hi and welcome to the RUI forum.

It really is a protracted battle to get even the most basic of services with Irish Rail. It took years for a late night service to Maynooth alone.

I understand perfectly how work can keep you late and stressing over catching the last train does no help.

I understand Bus Eireann have services to Mullingar up to 11PM so some demand must exist for a later service.

I wonder why they cannot run a later service that could be become a very early service, say leaving Mullingar at 6:20am?
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote