View Single Post
Unread 30-01-2008, 13:00   #4
ThomasJ

Quote:
Seems to be lots of letters in the papers these days about the impact of the overcrowding on the Maynooth line.....
There has been alot of letters to papers over the last few days in particular about the the 17:00 Bray Maynooth and 17:34 Bray Longford only being 4 carriages including one this morning in the independent saying passengers are being left on the platforms at Tara Street.

Any reason why there is a shortage? whats the problem with the railcars that are out of order?

Quote:

Time for Irish Rail to take a break
Wednesday January 30 2008

I expect not to get any response from Irish Rail to this, but here goes.

Since Irish Rail introduced its new, "improved" timetable on January 21, the number of carriages on the Dublin-Maynooth-Longford trains has been halved. Yet there are no extra services going through Tara St at peak evening times.

The pre-change timetable for the period concerned: 17.40, 18.12 and 18.33; the current timetable: 17.42, 18.13 and 18.35.

The 18.13 train was an eight-carriage affair, but this week it was a four-carriage train.

As a result, last week the train was dangerously overcrowded, and people were left standing at the platform. On two occasions this happened to me. Am I entitled to a refund?

Could Irish Rail please say what halfwit is responsible for making this change to train lengths?

If privatisation is the only way to make service match demand, and make public transport attractive to people, I suggest the Government go ahead and break up this amazingly inept organisation, and its unaccountable (so it would seem) management.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 30-01-2008 at 13:11.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote