View Single Post
Unread 22-01-2008, 20:20   #1
John J
Regular Poster

Default Problems validating tickets electronically

We all know that Iarnrod Eireann and things that are broken tend to go hand in hand.

A signal, a toilet, a train door, an intercom, aircon, heating on a 29000, an information display between Ashtown and Maynooth... chances are, if you travel with IE any time soon, you'll come across something that doesn't work as you go on your merry way.

Well it looks like we now have something new to add to the list.

Is anyone else having problems validating tickets in those machines at Connolly Station?

I have a 2008 Dublin DART/Commuter annual ticket and I have been experiencing problems with it since the start of the year. I got a replacement yesterday, but it doesn't work either.
I asked a member of staff tonight and he said there are recurring problems with the tickets and "I will just have to keep getting replacements until I find one that works."

Funnily enough, it seems to work at Pearse, Tara St and Leixlip Louisa Bridge.

Much as I love the new validators, especially the choo-choo noise they make (or used to, when last year's ticket worked for me)... I'd much prefer something that actually did the job... especially when I'm usually already pissed off from a sardine-can trip on the Calcutta Express.

Last edited by John J : 22-01-2008 at 20:24.
John J is offline   Reply With Quote