View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2007, 20:03   #36
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm Donoghue View Post
Fastest time I've done Arklow to Busarus is 63 minutes. The train couldn't come near to this time.
Unless IE can improve the offering to potential customers, this service will decline.
Regards what you said above - The train could very easily match this. This year alone Iarnrod Eireann have bet its own record stopping at station to station along the route. (Example) On one occasion the 18:37 ex Connolly, From Rathdrum station to Arklow the train took just 13mins.. And another time from Wicklow-Rathdrum just 9mins.. And another time Arklow-Gorey just 9mins.. Now if Iarnrod Eireann had these times from station to station it would certainly change literally the face of all Gorey/Rosslare Services.. Now I know you have to account for delays and time for people to get on/off and wheelchairs etc but it can be done as I've withnessed this lots of times. It depends on the driver whether he wants to go fast or slow, But it should'nt be on the driver who decides this... If all Dart services was to stop operating 15mins before Rosslare and waited after the Rosslare to depart, The Dart could wait at Connolly for 5mins and after the Rosslare has left and passed a block the Dart could then continue on to Bray or Greystones. I need to ask this - Why has all Rosslare services now stop at Tara Street, Pearse and Dun Laoghaire? How did it manage 4years ago and before that? When the new 22000 trains eventually come into action please dont say that it will continue to stop at these stations causing people travelling to Dun Laoghaire crowding the train espically at peak....
Anyway I'm not going on and on about this when there is already potential on the line..... Just messing yesterday I have worked out that the line could have 3 departures from Rosslare and 3 from Wexford and 1 from Gorey.. Also 3 from Connolly to Wexford and 3 to Rosslare.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote