Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Gorey-Arklow-Wicklow Line (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Gorey Car Park (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=6376)

Mark Gleeson 19-01-2009 17:48

Gorey Car Park

Quote:

General News
Gorey Station: car park works, 26th January to May 2009 by Corporate Communications

Iarnród Éireann advise customers that due to works to develop a new expanded car park facility at Gorey Station, there will be no car parking available at the station temporarily, from 26th January 2009, until May 2009.

Iarnród Éireann apologises for the inconvenience caused.
Hard to imagine how they couldn't find a way to maintain a few spaces during the work.

Given the current economic situation and falling commuter numbers (but increasing intercity) is the extension now needed? or will 4 months of closure destroy the few remaining passenger leaving nothing at all?

Comments Gorey folks?

poolergirl 26-01-2009 09:59

I wasn't even aware that this was happening. I have no choice but to drive to the station and will be getting the train tomorrow, parking god knows where.

I think that an extension of the car park would still be viable. All places available to park now fill up and it is difficult for people to get in to pick people up from the evening train.

I agree that they should have been able to find a way to retain spaces. Especially as people park along the sides of the entrance road into the station.

poolergirl 28-01-2009 08:25

Does anyone know where it is permitted to park in the vicinity of station?

This should have been announced prior to people buying annual tickets. I have to drive a considerable distance to get to the station and have no choice but to bring the car. If I had known this I would have looked at alternatives to the train.

Also, what are people with disabilities supposed to do?

Colm Moore 11-02-2009 20:27

So, I wonder how busy the car park is at the moment with the Bray and Arklow problems.

poolergirl 16-02-2009 08:56

Well I get the 16:40 train in the evening and the bus transfer from Bray (which will either take passengers to Arklow and Gorey or just Gorey) is full or near enough to it. Each evening I have been on there has been between 25 to bus full of passengers for Gorey. The next train at 17:25 is usually has more Wexford passengers but I haven't been on it during this period.

Colm Moore 15-06-2009 21:34

Is this open yet?

KSW 15-06-2009 21:42

Irish Rail are always late in delivering !!

Will be going to Gorey tomorrow will let you know how it looks:)

wobbles 15-06-2009 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSW (Post 46174)
Irish Rail are always late in delivering !!

Will be going to Gorey tomorrow will let you know how it looks:)

Looks like a few weeks away from being finished to me.

Thomas Ralph 16-06-2009 08:30

The state of the place was shocking when I was last there. There isn't even any signposting for the narrow path to the train station; you'd have to know exactly where you were going to find it.

KSW 18-06-2009 14:50

4 Attachment(s)
Here are 4 photos of Gorey Carpark, The sun was in the way but they are clear enough.:)

KSW 22-06-2009 14:01

"General News
Gorey Station: car park works, 26th January to May 2009 by Corporate Communications

Iarnród Éireann advise customers that due to works to develop a new expanded car park facility at Gorey Station, there will be no car parking available at the station temporarily, from 26th January 2009, until May 2009.

Iarnród Éireann apologises for the inconvenience caused"

When will the Carpark at Gorey actually be opened ?

poolergirl 23-06-2009 09:01

It's open

Colm Moore 23-06-2009 22:26

\o/